The stories of the restoration of the gospel have become more real to me than ever with our recent trip to Palmyra. All my life I have heard the stories of young Joseph Smith in Sunday school or read about them in church history. Growing up in Colorado made it difficult and expensive to make a trip to NY to see the church history sites. All this time these stories almost seemed fictitious in nature and the reality of them was left somewhat to my imagination.
This week I was able to take some time off of work and we took a seven hour drive up north to see where it all happened. I cannot begin to explain what an impression visiting the actual locations of these stories has left on me. It was amazing to actually be there! From the moment we drove up to the Hill Cumorah we could just feel a sense of peace. This feeling stayed around as we toured the homes of Joseph Smith and the Sacred grove.
We took a lot of pictures to share with you. We also learned a lot of little things a long the way so I will try to include as much as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment