This is Lexi's last year in elementary school. I look at her and my heart swells. She is such a good girl, and so much fun to be around. She loves to read; right now she is really into Calvin and Hobbes. She's so helpful and kind. I hear horror stories of mean kids in middle school and I wish I could protect her all the time. I have to hope she has been taught well so far and keep working on her confidence and her morals. I am proud of my Lexi.
Ethan is a fun kid too. Trent took him to Lake Ana last weekend and they had fun throwing rocks and dirt onto the frozen lake. Then they hit Subway, Ethan's favorite place to eat lately. Ethan is helpful and very good at making people laugh. He also loves to read and play computer games. He is into history too-- he draws WWII planes and draws a good sinking Titanic.
Gavin is our builder. He is always constructing something. He is a sly one- I have to keep an eye of what he's doing. He is a good helper with Tess, and he could entertain himself for hours with some paper and tape. He sings most the time, and will do anything to avoid veggies. I love his expressions and his sweet voice.
Tess is a joy to have around too. She has learned so much the past year. She is starting to talk in sentences now and loves to joke around too. We said goodbye to her crib a few weeks ago, but she doesn't get out of bed by herself- she still calls to me! Funny girl. She loves baby dolls and girlie stuff. Everywhere we go people comment on her beautiful hair and what a cutie she is. So happy we have her in our family.
There are no guarantees in this life. Most of the time life is challenging, and there is always something to stress over. We try to remember to have good endurance and enjoy each part of life. Our family brings us joy and is handing us memories that will bring smiles to our lips forever. Trent and the kids sang happy birthday to me tonight, and that my friends is joy.
1 comment:
Aw, you guys have such cute kids. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment